Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Wasn't born a leader.


In a moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.
--Theodore Roosevelt

This coming September, we are going to have our international tour for one of our major courses. Our class was particularly divided into different committees so that everybody could work and participate in the organization and preparation for this tour. I am in the Operations Committee which is in charge for the survey of the final destination, if everyone has their own passports, for the documentation of the tour, the pre-departure orientation and for the tour itself. Meaning, we have to make sure that the itinerary is being followed and we're on the right track. So, that's basically our job. And tonight, every committee held their own meeting. My friend was assigned as the operations committee head and I am her secretary. It was quite funny because I was never an active student. I mean, I don't like being involved in those kind of things because I know, people in there has lots to do. So I got the impression on myself that I couldn't do those things, like I couldn't, you know,lead. I wasn't born a leader. haha.

But now, I kind of change my mind. I even volunteered to be the secretary of the committee. Yeah I know, it's kind of a big responsibility, considering I'm also a working scholar rendering working hours at the library. But it seems like fun. I will be able to communicate or talk with those classmates of mine that I haven't had a nice talk before. I think I could also get a chance to get to know them better. That will be nice. It'll be quite a good experience.

Well, this is one of the major decisions I did today. I hope it is the "right" thing. Even if I fail or couldn't do my job properly, at least I tried. It would be better than doing nothing. Better than being the same old student who couldn't even express her opinions or suggestions for the class. At least now, I could help and participate for the good of everybody who's going to join this tour. And I'll try to do my best. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment